Yankee Candle Sand & Surf Review

Hello everyone!  I hope you're having a great week.  A few weeks ago, I went to Ross Department Store & picked up a 22 oz Jar of Yankee Candle's Sand & Surf.  I immediately knew I wanted to put this scent in one of my small bathrooms because it smelled pretty light on cold sniff.  However, I thought it would be fine for a small bath.   Apparently this scent is discontinued because I couldn't find any information about it online.
Scent Description:  No information found online
What it smells like to me:  I actually really like the scent.  "Beachy" is the best way for me to describe it.  Even though sand doesn't really have a smell, it smells like walking on the sand with the waves crashing & the wind blowing.  It's pretty authentic in my opinion.

Scent Appeal:  It's nice.  Nothing that will blow your socks off but nice & pleasant. 

Performance:  This was the worst candle I've ever burned by Yankee.  It lived in foil because it wouldn't pool out on it's own and would start tunneling like crazy.  The flames were super high no matter how short I trimmed the wick.  Sometimes flames were actually shooting 3 & 4 inches up out of the jar!  This terrified me which is why I'm not going to burn it any longer. I literally was trimming the wick every 30 minutes!  Which annoyed the mess out of me!  And last but not least, it sooted like nobodies business!  I don't know if this was just a dud but I am not willing to take any more chances on this candle.  It's going in the trash.  This candle earned a big fat F for performance.

Throw:  On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rate the throw on this a 2.  I had it in a small bathroom & could barely smell it.  

Overall Grade:  D-  I would have given this an F but the scent appeal was nice.  

Would I purchase Again?:  Absolutely not!  This candle was a nightmare & I'm surprised it was put put out by Yankee Candle.  

Have you ever burned this candle?  What was your experience?  I'd love to hear from you.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment


up