Pointelle Candy Apple Candle Review

A few weeks back I was browsing the candle section at Burlington Coat Factory & I stumbled upon a candle brand that I had never seen before by Pointelle Home Fragrance.  The scent was called Candle Apple.  I was drawn in by the packaging (as you know, I'm a sucka for beautiful packaging).  The packaging was in a deep candy apple red jar with raised x's and a gold lid.  It's absolutely beautiful.  I purchased 2 of the 22 oz sized jars for $6.99 each.  The wax is 100% soy with no dye added.
Scent Description:  None found
What it smells like to me:  First let me say that this fragrance does NOT smell like candy apples.  It's really hard to explain but I will try.  It smells more like an aromatherapy candle.  It smells like cherries with ginger but not sweet & overwhelming.  It reminds me a lot of "orange ginger" but with cherries instead of oranges if that makes sense.  It's a very exotic smell.  With almost a middle eastern twang to it.  I must say that I was extremely surprised by it.  The scent smells the exact same cold as it does burning which is a plus in my book.  My only concern with it is that it can become overwhelming because of the "ginger" vibe to it & I can't keep it lit more than an hour or so. 

Scent Appeal:  I'd give this a 5.  It's not going to appeal to everyone & you won't be able to burn it every day in my opinion.  Although it smells nice, it can become sickening very quickly.

Performance:  It pools out from edge to edge within an hour.  It doesn't soot at all because of the soy & it has a very clean burn.  The flames were beautiful & looked amazing while burning in the red jar. It's said to have 250 hours worth of burn time.  

Throw:  This candle was a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10.  Its extremely strong.  So much so that it makes my eyes burn if I keep it lit for more than an hour.  It also can scent my entire bedroom without being lit just by taking the top off.  This candle will throw you out your entire house.  

Grade:  A- : I took off points due to it being almost TOO strong & that it can become sickening if lit longer than an hour.  This candle is very well made & appears to be very high end even though it was only a few dollars.  

Will I purchase again:  Yes.  I would definitely purchase again; however, it won't be for awhile due to this will last me forever.

If you have this candle, I would love to hear your thoughts & opinions on it.  Thank you so much for reading.




1 comments:

E. Baraby said...

I purchased the Spice from Pointelle Home Fragrance and LOVE it. It is very strong but works for my open living space.

Problem: I can not find the candle or company again?!? Any idea where I can buy more? Burlington doesn't seem to carry regularly.

Post a Comment


up