Mccall's Candles Spiced Pear

I have been wanting to try a candle by Mccall's Candles for ages & finally decided to hit the button and go for it.  My friend "TheWickChick" on Instagram raved about Spiced Pear so that's one of the ones I went with.

Description:  Spicy, Juicy & Fresh.  Not your typical spiced pear.  This is a melody of fruits with a cinnamon note

I must admit, I was lured in by the packaging.  I decided on the 16 oz classic jar.  This size jar is in the paraffin wax & has a burn time of 115 - 130 hours. The classic jars feature the signature rustic metal lid stamped with the Mccall's Country Canning Logo along with a hand panted label reproduction.  Isn't the packaging just adorable???  They also come in 2 wicks jars as well.  I purchased mine from their website for $17.  Here are my initial thoughts.




What it smells like to me:  Spiced Pear smells exactly like the canned jar pears that my grandmother used to me so long ago.  It's the perfect mixture of tart & sweet with just enough spices to make your mouth water.  Have you ever had sweetened canned pears in the store?  Well, imagine that with a dash of sugar & cinnamon.  This scent is so realistic.  The scent was very nostalgic for me as my grandmother 94 years old now & hasn't canned pears in over 20 years. 

Performance:  This is a 1 wick that candle & it pooled out after about an hour.  So far, I haven't had any issues.  I'll keep you posted in a later review.

Scent Throw:  This throws very well.  On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this an 8.  I was very surprised and happy with the throw.  It scented up my entire first floor and creeped down the hall. 

Grade: Grade A

Would I Purchase Again:  This candle is a winner!  I would purchase it over & over & over!  It's in my top 10 favorite candles of all time!

If you have this candle, what are your thoughts?  What candles do you have of this brand?  I would love to hear from you.










0 comments:

Post a Comment


up