I'm back!! Battle of the Strawberries

Sorry for going MIA guys. Sometimes life gets in the way.  I've started my own business & it's been so much work!  I hope to post at least 2 times per week from now on.  Today I have for you the battle of the Strawberry candles.  We have Bath & Body Works Strawberry Vanilla & Colonial Candle Fresh Strawberry Rhubarb.
Winner:  Colonial Candle Fresh Strawberry Rhubarb. 
Hit the jump to find out why.


Pictured above is Strawberry Vanilla by Bath & Body Works. It is a 16 oz 3 wick candle.  Isn't the packaging beautiful?

Description:  Add a juicy sweetness to any spring day with the scent of ripe garden strawberries infused with fresh vanilla.  

What it smells like to me:  To me it smells like the Lifesaver Strawberry Vanilla swirl candy from back in the day.  You know, that artificial overly sweet scent thats almost sticky scent.  

Scent Appeal:  This is very subjective.  To me it's artificial & too sweet.  It's almost sickening.  Maybe it's because I've been burning it on such hot days but it's too much for me.  If  you like super sweet candles, this will be right up your alley.  I would give the appeal a 3 on the scale of 1 to 10.  I purchased 6 backups of this one & I will be returning them for something else.

Throw:  Unfortunately its a light/medium throw. I would give it a 5 from 1 to 10.  I could smell it but it wasn't strong at all & didn't linger but I could smell it when I left out the room & re-entered.  

Performance:  The performance has been flawless so far. No puny wicks & it's pooling out evenly & quickly.

Grade:  C+.  Although this candle performed well & the packaging is beautiful, I just don't like the scent which is why I graded it so low.

Would I purchase again:  No

Next up:
Pictured above is Colonial Candles Fresh Strawberry Rhubarb 8 oz 2 wick candle. Love the packaging on this one as well.

Description:  A fresh, juicy blend of plump strawberries with a touch of sweet flower blossoms.  

What it smells like to me:  This smells like a bright juicy ripe strawberry.  I don't get any flower blossoms but it's so delicious.  It has just the right amount of sweetness & smells so authentic.  When I inhale it I say "mmmmmm mmmmm".  

Scent Appeal: I give it an 8.  I think it's very authentic & so juicy.  

Throw:  I would give this a medium throw.  I'll grade it a strong 6 on a scale of 1 to 10.  I can smell it while I'm in the room but it doesn't drift down the hallways. 

Performance:  10.  It's been performing flawlessly.  I get a deep wax pool within 2 hours.  Wicks have been nice & high.  No soot issues & burning clean.

Grade:  B.  I would grade it higher if the scent throw was stronger

Would I purchase again:  Yes

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up