Wax "Slow Buy" & Perfume No Buy!!

Hello everyone.  I've been burning candles like a boss lately.  I really trying to get rid of some of my candle stash & enjoy them so I put myself on a candle "slow buy".  I didn't put myself on a wax ban because I didn't want to set myself up to fail.  My candle collection is getting out of control & I'm becoming extremely overwhelmed by it all.  As many of you know, I also put myself on a Perfume no buy about 2 months ago & I have been doing great.  I have almost 200 perfumes & almost 200 candles.  This doesn't include minis or wax tarts.  I wanted to really take the time to enjoy my stash & appreciate what I have.  I'm running out of room for storage and it's time.

Since I've been on my slow buy, I must say I'm even feeling better.  I don't have the "rush" of the next sale or glitch.  I'm not experiencing the anxiety of "getting the newest candle or perfume".  I'm not feeling the urge to hoard 50 of the same scents in case it doesn't come back, gets discontinued or runs out.  I'm simply enjoying what I have while I have it.  I've managed to empty over 40 bottles of perfume which includes giving some away that I no longer wanted.  I previously posted about that.  I also have been burning thru my favorite candles & not "saving" them.  And I have to say I'm so proud of myself.  

Why does it seem like there are a billion candle sales & deals when you're on a ban/slow buy?  Yankee was having glitch after glitch sales, Bath & Body Works were having sales where the candles ended up being a little over $8 a piece!  Coupons were coming from everywhere!  I thought I would break but I didn't.  I didn't go to Home Goods or Marshalls or TJ Maxx.  I didn't put myself in situations where I thought I would have a lapse.  I didn't log onto the web sites to see what was in stock & I limit my time in my candle group.  Life has truly slowed down & I'm extremely happy about it!  




0 comments:

Post a Comment


up