Bond No 9 Scent of Peace

Today i'm reviewing Bond No 9 Scent of Peace from my personal collection.  Bond No 9 is a niche perfume house established in New York.  Scent of peace is my very first scent from Bond No 9.  I received from my husband for Christmas in 2011.  I wanted it so bad but it was quite expensive at the time.  My 100 ml bottle was priced at $285 so I was ecstatic when I received this gift.  It will always have a special place in my heart.
Scent Description:  Spicy green & fresh grapefruit & blueberry at the top of the composition, the heart opening with fresh and gentle green nuances of lily of the valley.  Juicy and ripe notes of the base consist of musk and cedar. 



Packaging:  Dove taking flight, as a symbol of peace marked this fragrant creation of Bond No 9.  The inspiration for this female woody floral fragrance came after the New York attack on September 11, 2001.  It's main idea is that the peace of each city, even NY comes out of worldwide peace.

What it smells like to me:  Scent of Peace is an invigorating fruity/floral that blends spicy black currant, candied grapefruit, and airy cedar woods.  It strongly resembles D&G Light Blood but it's not as heavy on the Cedar.  It's a fresh scent that is beautifully blended.  

Sillage:  I would rate this a 7.  People can smell me when I walk back & I get many compliments when I wear this.  However, it's not an offensive scent that knocks others around me out.

Longevity:  I would rate this a 7.  I do have to reapply after about 6 hours.  

Grade:  B- I took points off for the price.  I don't think it's worth the $285 price tag.  If you like D&G Light Blue, you can skip this one & purchase that instead.

Would I purchase again:  No, but I would happily receive this as a gift.

Do you wear this one?  What are your thoughts on it?  I would to hear from you.  



0 comments:

Post a Comment


up